Wednesday 3 November 2010

Month end update... October.....

So yet another month creeps past like the ninja from Tenchu......

I've finally managed to get the last of my black orc's painted and spent a fair few days magnetising the whole of the army only to discover that 8th Ed warhammer isn't quite as good as I expected, reasons for this where...

The new horde rules, ok nice idea but when facing 18 ogres, 30 chaos warriors, 1 khornate champion and a alter of chaos in your first game for well over 2 years its not particularly entertaining from my side of the table...

High Elves, ok so they always strike first but the guy was getting rerolls due to his initiative being so high and promptly chomped through my army...

Maybe I need to get some more games in who knows, but hey at least the army is just about painted!!

So I've managed to get two of the Retribution ghost snipers done, really nice models just a shame that privateer press haven't done an alternative pose,

Pretty easy to do to be honest but look quite nice,



Then I managed to get the last of the Micro Armour done, 2 havocs and 10 BRDM'3 aka anti-tank units, I was kinda wondering how much I've actually got now since starting collecting back in September, the answer was a bloody lot!!



Over all its been fairly un-productive month painting wise, but I'm sure once I get the Emperors Children on the painting table that'll get my painting going again for some reason I enjoy painting 40K more than anything else??

talking about 40K I was having a rummage through some boxes and came across this little lot, not these are all thats left from my chaos warhammer army, back in the day when you could have daemons and warriors in the same list, but I figured that they would be best used in my 40K daemon army and so all I need to do is play a few games and see what the screamers and the herald on chariot are actually like!





So the "pledge" for October wasn't too bad scraping in by the skin of my teeth...

Bought  25
Painted  27

So +2, I've been keeping track of the "pledge" since Jan this year all I've got to do is suss out how to put an excel spreadsheet on this blog and you can have a good look at what I've achieved at the end of this year.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to here your Fantasy Orcs are not doing well. Rumour is (As you probably know) they are due a new codex next.

    On paper the screamers and Herald look good for 40k. Demons need a bit of shooting to get rid of all those transports.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Tzeentch chariot there! What bits are is the cariot part made out of?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Lyracian - its not that the orcs are naff, its just the changes to the actual rules that I need to suss out,

    @jabber - I think it was an old school chaos chariot but it was a long long time ago ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey dude ... save the spreadsheet as a jpg ... or utilise a quick 'printscreen' while your spreadsheet is on screen.

    Nicely done - a series of nice models and fine painting work, well done on keeping it up despite baby and reworking duties...

    ReplyDelete