Sunday 30 October 2016

40K Orks, the Bosses wagon 13 years in the making!

A long long time ago, many many girl friends ago I was very much into my 40K orks and decided to convert my bosses wagon way before the days of the kit that you can get from GW.

So in true Anton style the battlewagon is made from a landraider that has been widened so that it can actually hold the models! The doors were converted into gun platforms and the engine block was heavily converted.

I didn't get any unprimed pictures of the wagon, just a quick WIP


I was quite surprised how quick I managed to paint this, before I knew it I was adding the weathering to the tracks and the like, 


the arse shot of the wagon, more pipes than you can shake a stick at! 



as the model is open topped the inside was done rough and ready to match the outside of the wagon. 


a bit more work and the zap gun and twin linked big shooters along with the gunners were sorted 



the green was a random colour that I picked for the "acquired" fire prism but actually works really well as the power of gork and mork is channelled though it! 


close up of the platform


and the last view that most people will see! 


getting this model has been on the "to do" list for quite a while and part of me didn't think I could paint the model to a standard that matched the amount of time that I spent converting this. However I'm really chuffed that I decided to give this a crack and ties nicely in with a gorkamorka campaign that I'm trying to get off the ground as well as pondering giving 40K another stab!

No comments:

Post a Comment