Friday 9 October 2015

Panzerfáuste - Kickstarter is GO!

A while back I was talking to an old friend of mine Rob and mentioned a personal project that he was working on that caught my attention....



So after explaining what it was about I knew if this ever hit the streets I'd be on board from the get go, Time passed on by and pictures started to appear of the models that were going to be released...







yep that's right WW1/2 with a fantasy twist, the whole idea of British orcs made perfect sense, and this had me hooked from the very beginning. Then if that one image wasn't enough more and more started to appear...









But is wasn't just the orcs that floated my boat, the Gnomes and Dwarves were looking very very cool indeed!








Prior to the kickstarter going live I kept my ear to the ground with regards to any info I could get on this up and coming system and discovered that it was developed by a couple of chaps called Steve & Matt a fair few years ago with a skirmish level of gaming and a few months ago this episode of chilling wargamers appeared on my feed....













So getting my head around that I was watching Rob on the internet the amount of info that Rob gives is brilliant and a good overview of what the plans are for the future.

I found the e-zine on the website and had a read of that, and discovered a stripped down version of the skirmish rules, so go have a read.....

panzerfauste-quarterly

this only fuelled my geek fire and whilst I was waiting I was already thinking of a demo type board that I could come up with, after some brain storming with Mr Smith a trench board was decided upon and it would involve the Orcs commandos raiding the Dwarves command bunker.


However I'll be posting more on that later once I've managed to get some progress on that.


So if you've got to this point and are still reading head on over to the kickstarter page and have a mooch at what is going on, and its funded so its stretch goals all the way now!

panzerfauste-mechanised-warfare-in-a-mythical-real


My biggest dilemma is what faction to go for as I liked all of them! 


so in the words of the beastie boys.......



No comments:

Post a Comment