Friday 15 May 2015

Macrocosm - The Malignancy

A month of so ago one of the guys that work for tor gaming started putting up pictures of a model line that he was going to produce as a sideline business/hobby.

The models themselves interested me as rather than CAD designed stuff that is dominating the market place at the moment these guys are "traditional" sculpted which gives the models a different feel when you look and paint them, they don't feel as "clean" as the CAD stuff but that's the pull towards to them for me.

The other thing that appealed to me was that the rules are free to download and that's always a winner for me!

http://www.macrocosm.co.uk/resources/

so go check out the stuff on the website, Chris & Andy have just released a faction called the Digger Corp which looks a little like an old range from back in the day ;)

So anyway onto the bits that I've painted up..

I started off with a test model as I was a bit unsure of how to do these guys,









so with that sorted, I blasted though the rest of the guys in no time at all!




















The only issue I've got now is trying to get a game in, and as this is a brand new game and the range is quite new I'm going to struggle to find an opponent, So I'm going to go down the usual Anton route and pick up the other faction so I can intro people into the system and see if I can get some people interested.

The other thing that has got me thinking is the terrain that would be used for this kind of world, and I'm thinking of using the deadzone stuff that I've got up in the attic.

As usual C&C welcome and more importantly do you play this system and what do you think to it?

1 comment:

  1. These are nice minis! I've linked your work in our articles about the models: Cerebralmancer #1; Malignancy

    ReplyDelete