Friday 4 July 2014

30k on the cheap?

I've been pondering over 30K for a while now and I've got the opportunity with the guys over at Portal being heavily into this I'm looking to do a slow grow project with a loyalist emperors children force.


The only thing that has been preventing me from actually going whole hog on this period is the number of players in the area and the actual cost of models, however I have stumbled on a "alternative" source of models all the way from naughty china in the form of Ali express.

As a test order I ordered some mk5 tactical marines to see what they were like,






overall I'm quite impressed, as a start these guys will be a test paint scheme that I'll slot in amoungst all the other projects that I've going on the go at the moment!

Now I'm sure we've all got a certain level of morals when it comes to this kind of thing however as unit fillers then these are perfect.

Would you buy these though or pay the full price for forgeworld?

6 comments:

  1. I'm definitely not happy with the GW/FW pricing but such a cheap ripp off is a no go to me. I'd definitely go all or nothing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A man with morals ;)

      to go full 30K you do need to be a dedicated individual!

      Delete
  2. Ah good old ali express ;) The quality can be hit and miss so check the feedback and number of orders. Not that an upstanding citizen such as myself would ever order from there. No sir! Not me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ta for the tips Ape, I'm sure someone else gave you those!

      I'm on the fence with 30K as I'm loving my orks with the new release over the last month, maybe as a slow grow project,

      Delete
  3. I just bought a set of five terminators from Forgeworld, to convert and use as Chaos Terminators in 40k. I like to have older versions for chaos, to mark that they have been in the warp in 10.000 years. And yes, I paid the full price for genuin FW models, which I can do for a unit here and there, but I wouldn't do it for a full army.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. as a one of for a funky unit within your army the 30K stuff is great, pop a link once you've done them ;)

      Delete