Saturday 19 April 2014

Salute 2014, Leicester Phat Cats on tour part two

Part two... 

I did manage to have a brief wander around and snap as many pictures as possible, the quality of the tables and models were superb and my pictures really don't do them justice!




This bad boy won best in show I think and well deserved it was too.












One of the three postwar  boards including the Phat Cats board,



Two Fat lerdies chain of command, a system that is getting talked about quite a bit, I'll get a demo in one day! 


The superb gunts board






The Gripping beast stand was busy and Jugula looked very popular!




The amazing looking cresent and cross board









The guys from ground zero games? had a cracking looking mech type game that they are working on, I spent a bit of time chatting with them about the up and coming system as well as the great quaility of the board. 




Prodos games was rammed all day, Lee told me that they sold most of the stock on the day! 





The other postwar board, a great looking 'nam game using bolt action rules




































some very pretty terrain on the wayland stand, 



The Perry's continue to pump out more african WW2, 


And with Rendrea releasing the african type huts you can have an instant board!



Another new system that caught my eye, and another one for the demo list




The 4Ground stand looked superb and the workmanship and finish was cracking














Fenris Games did a great looking swamp board, 




These guys were just across the way and the modern system that they have coming up on kickstarter looks superb, one to watch for. 













As I was manning the table for most of the day I didn't really get the chance to go shopping so picked up a Saracen warband for Cresent and the Cross as well as Jugula, Both look superb so I'm looking forward to getting some paint on these great models.


The day it self was superb and I really enjoyed speaking to everyone as the compliments were very kind from everyone, we've already started planning the Salute 2015 board as we have been given a very exciting opportunity but more on that another time. First its Expo and I'll be leading the team with a two day Viking Invasion game!

1 comment: