Thursday 1 November 2012

Dropzone commander, the scourge are ready for war!

So after last months monster terrain painting frenzy I decided to take it easy this month and have a play about with the airbrush that I've had kicking around for a couple of months,

well so much for taking it "easy"............

I got a tad carried away and decided to go for gold and get all my scourge painted ready for my game over in Loughbrough next week, Originally when I arranged the game the challenge to my opponent was to play 1K (I think) and have a painted army....



well even if I don't win the game I've gained some awesome man-points!


 the heavy tanks that carry razor snake thingies!


 normal tanks with some swarm type guys that melt through armour,


 and the drop ships that carry them at the front, medium drop ships at the back.



anti-fighter floating screen of doom! again no idea how these will fair but I bought them anyway! 
 

 

The mothership, this is where I will reside, not a bad ride if I say so myself!


 And onto the infantry, a bit of flock to break up the bases and they'll be good to go!



And with that lot I have a +2 model count on the pledge for this month! so everything I bought this month I painted!!

The pledge is going so well this year I'm 150+ models in the black for the year so far, and I've just about tied up all my projects....





well maybe....

8 comments:

  1. Nice army! this game is very tempting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If hawk war games did some QuickStart rules then they could shift tons of this stuff, but the rule book is only about £13 so not too bad compared to other systems out there!

      Delete
  2. Looking pretty good Anton. Have you actually played a game yet or not?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers fella, I enjoyed painting this lot, I played a game about a month ago to try and suss out the rules, and its not too bad, after next weeks game I'll put up a battle report.

      Delete
  3. Was sorely tempted to get a Post Humans force but just couldnt justify buying into another new game with no opponents in my area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and thats the big thing, if the starter sets were about the 40/50 mark then I could see a lot more people buying into it, its just a little too expensive for a instinct buy, and personally for the larger deals why not throw a book in, after all your dropping 100+ on models!

      Delete
  4. Nice looking army. Some really nice miniatures amongst that lot.

    ReplyDelete