Saturday 10 December 2011

Tropic Lighting or "Why hello Mr G.I."

Its been a long time coming...

The Mighty PAVN up against Coop's armour-tastic US tank company...

So as I've not played FOW for ages! I was rapidly reading the special rules for the PAVN and trying to suss out how to crack front armour 11 tanks with an infantry heavy force!....

So the Mission was Contact, Contact!

I had 1 unit that I could set up in ambush and get a round of shooting before Coops rumbled on with his tanks, and as I would be shooting at his side armour I went for the heavy recoiled anti-tank platoon, and managed to pop one of his patton's and bail the other, so not bad really, then the ACAV came in and put that lot into a early bath!

Coops was on delayed reserves and I could start rolling straight away and managed to get 1 platoon on turn two and the unwashed masses turned up,  was lucky enough to roll in the quarter that had the US objective....














the "Anton" view














and the "cool" view... 

so after some quite savage RPG shooting and sneaking medium recoiled anti-tank shooting the ACAV's are toasted and its just the Patton squaring up against an awful lot of infantry (at this point I felt bad for coops as none of his reserves had turned up)














Thousands of em sir!














And finally Coops managed to get a unit on.... 


















only one cobra... how much hassle could that be??














it starts with a rocket pod attack but my saving throws were lucky but they were pinned... 


















so after alot of chin scratching I decided to do the sportsman thing and get the grenades out and claim the objective... 














but not before booby trapping the tank... LOL 














the Cobra then sat next to the Patton and between them they managed to repel 4 separate assaults pinning the assaulting units and holding them off!!!

the amount of shots coming from the patton and the Cobra as supporting fire was outstanding!!! I need to do aircav army.

so the platoon with the B41's all took a side step to the right and shot at the Patton in the side and managed to bail it, and then it simply came down to the wire with coops NEEDING to get back in his tank as the rest of his force was finally rolling up the table ready to kick my ass!

And he failed his roll, the PAVN were victorious!!

4 comments:

  1. It was an awesome looking table and the two armies looked splendid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plus all the cries of "Diiiiieeee American B*tch!" were particularly amusing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well.... I do tend to go a tad OTT when playing coops, you should see me playing check your 6!

    ReplyDelete