Monday 26 September 2011

Here comes the chaos..... back from the dead!!

So after a week of doing various "family" stuff with the other half being off work and the Golden Child's first birthday to plan and sort out, I've not really done that much painting this week,

but what I have managed to get done I'm quite happy with, I've managed some leaders for the up and coming warhammer chaos army starting with the lord....


















I found this bad boy kicking around in one of my bits boxes and figured I might as well use him as my lord, turns out that this is a limited edition  gamesday miniature and after being told this found him on ebay for about £40!

I've angled him up so that you can actually see the front rather than a shadow, 



















the view that I'll see the most of, I'm quite happy with the red of the cape but I did have quite alot of practice with the sann hann! 


















The "newish" plastic chaos scorcer painted up to please Kurt... (the first game I used him he kicked ass!)

As always I've been keeping my finger on the geek pulse and spotted this cracking bit of kit on Ebay and ended up paying less for it than I would if I bought a baneblade brand new!!















 In the traditional "Anton" fashion no sooner had I unpacked it I'd already applied the initial coat and done a heavy dry brush....

 then I started to ponder at it looking at the cannon and thinking that it could be better, so out came the pliers and off came the cannon to be replaced with one that I picked up a while back from the states, that same evening Coop's saw the about picture and felt that it wasn't "spikey & Chaosy" enough now I'm not a massive fan of the spikey chaos but I agreed on the chaosy factor there was some elements in there but not enough for grand father nurgle to give it his blessing! 

So some random bits and green stuff later I ended up with...

 













I'll continue to take snaps at each stage but it's going to be my "reward" project so that I can take my time on it and not just pump it out, but I'll only count it as one model towards my "pledge"

Whilst I was down the club on Thursday I wandered into the kitchen were we tend to mooch whilst the ninja's finish beating the crap out of each other and seen Coach & Sonny playing warmachine on the table and the best use of a paper plate as a damage grid for his jacks!














As a bit of a break from all of the SOTR that I've been playing recently I got a text from Nick saying that he was starting a Cutlass campaign and did I want in... stupid question really ;)

So after convincing Coops to play Cutlass rather than flames it was me and Cooper against Nick's Superhard crew and we was after his loot!














After some very un-orky sneaking through the trees I decided to go for it and paid the price with most of my gang getting the be-jesus kicked out of them in combat and the Orc captain losing his had to a serious injury... 














But even with his hand lost Captain (insert name here) will be back to lead his crew to victory! 

I've not really made much of a start to the secrets of the third reich themed board, but I picked up aload of these pallets so can make some real cool scatter terrain, 



















So the doomsday clock is no longer an issue as I've managed to get all my bits done well in time and as for the pledge thats well under control for this month!

Bought - 17

Painted - 49
Difference + 29

I'm going to pick up yet another system at Derby at the weekend in the form of Saga from gripping beast, basicly 28mm vikings on the rampage.. carn't wait!! and more than likely some MERC's stuff as well.

2 comments:

  1. Need to get back into gaming fella. Fancy a game of Infinity at some point, or Cutlass?

    ReplyDelete
  2. get back? didn't realise you'd dropped out? play some cutlass I've got the rules pretty much locked down and beasts of war are doing a cutlass week

    ReplyDelete