Wednesday 2 June 2010

Misson Impossible? Yea Right!!

Well I must say I've surprised myself with the speed and quality that I got the whole lot done,
















I spoke to Danny as I posted each new day and he liked what he saw so thats good!

So the final unit is done, Overall I enjoyed painting the everblight and this might push me to do my skorne that I kinda started but then never returned to, maybe the Mk2 hordes rule book will get me on board?

In the mean time I've worked on the new cryx guy a bit more and trying to suss out the glow effect but not too sure at the moment, may be another wash might do the trick?




















Recently I've become a bit bored of 40K, I suppose my army is becoming a little "samey" so in preperation for 8th Ed of fantasty I decided to do the unthinkable and pick up a entire Army in one fell swoop!

So Orc's & Goblins are green for Go!!

Now I didn't quite realise how much I'd picked up but this is the rough list of what I'll be fielding...

Orc Champion - Wargear unknown!
Orc Shammy - Wargear unknown!

Boyz Unit (19) Standard, Musican, Champion, Addational choppa, Shield
Boyz Unit (19) Standard, Musican, Champion, Addational choppa, Shield (or might go spear??)
Spider Riders (10) Standard, Musican, Champion
Night Goblins (20) Standard, Musican, Champion, Spears, 3x Fanatics
Night Goblins (20) Standard, Musican, Champion, Spears, 3x Fanatics
Black Orc's (10) Standard, Musican, Champion
Chariot
Boar Boyz (5)
Wolf Riders (10)

points wise I'm assuming about 1.5k as the units are fairly cheap, but I'm going to have a good gander at the magic items and see what funny ones that I can pick out, I'll play fair light hearted so the randomness should be a laugh.

I've started working on the army and will be doing an "Anton" special with regards to painting the entire army and doing a step by step guide for each model type starting with the Night Goblin's but more of that to come at a later date!

4 comments:

  1. Blow your own trumpet, why don't cha?!? Everblight looks biblical ... your friend will be very pleased. Good to see you last night ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the glow effect on the cryx dude paint the insides of the runes bright green, that will help with the whole glow effect mate

    ReplyDelete
  3. well why not chris ;) it's about the only thing I can really shout my mouth off about lol

    Ok stef will do, I'll give it a blast but if it looks crap its your fault ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. For OSL you need to control light and dark on the model. There should be areas of the glow (small areas) that are white, and the glow should be the brightest colour on the model. All the other areas should be really dark, so essentially all you are doing is trying to fool the eye. Also, like NMM, the effect is mainly photographic, so good OSL looks ok and you can tell what it is while great OSL (Victoria Lamb, Ali McVey) looks like OSL in reality and in photos.

    ReplyDelete