as its the silly season, aka running around getting stuff sorted and then monging in front of the telly eating crap and chatting shite to people you only see once in a blue moon.. I figured I'd better get "something" done....
So the best looking and some great bits for converting within a chaos army but rules wise pretty naff
now I trusted the colour circle thingy (thats in the back ground) for a opposite colour for the purple and it looks pretty good personally, the orangery yellow was a right bugger to paint but after a bit of trial and error it came out lovey
I'll be stealing two of the choosen for a kill team that a chap from my local shop has written, over all it doesn't seem too bad some cheese has already emerged and I'm sure that'll be stomped out or people won't bother playing them! anyhow link to the rules and all that gaff..
One of the guys has mentioned that he'd fancy trying his hand at infinity and as myself and Spencer (who hasn't updated his blog for months) really enjoy the game I've decided to dig out my old stuff and crack on with some finishing off,
so this is whats done at the moment...
4 line kazaks
2 spetnaz snipers
1 veteran kazak
some repair work is need on these bad boys!
and the "new" batch I've had most of these for ages but with the new interest in the game I'll get these banged out before I run the demo, so you've got...
2 veteran kazaks with T2 rifles
1 line kazak with rocket launcher
1 fox trot ranger
1 para with HMG
that lots gonna take me way past the 200 points that we normally play but the models are so cool and it'd be rude not to paint them up,
but I feel that I might be picking up even more as in between leaping around in front of jay's xbox Kinect myself, Dave and Spencer where looking at various bits for our respective armies, mine being Ariadna, spencer having nearly every model for the Yu Jing (mostly in the blisters!) and dave getting his claws into the new kids on the block Alpeh, but we'll see how it well it goes down at the local shop.
Now as I've not had a challenge Ant for a while and with the Grey knights looming in there drop pods Spencer wants me to do a step by step on the following model....
I think once I've done that I'll wash myself in bleach like in the crying game, bloody imperial marines AND grey knights!!
As its nearly the end of the year and I'm not really going to get the chance to update before the weekend I figured I'd do my final count for the "pledge"
Bought Painted Differance
469 513 44
So I made it! I painted more than I bought and boy didn't I buy & paint alot!
So highlights painting wise for me was...
- Painting a 40k deamon army for the tale of ex-gamers, I'd managed about 2000 points when most of the others have done about 800!
- Getting my Dindrenzi Fleet box done
- Doing a 35 point Skorne chain gang list in about 5 weeks
- Painting a orc and goblin army only to find that I remember why I don't play fantasty!
- slowly working my way through the chaos with only a few bits left to do, the nurgle rhino, Slannesh rhino and oblitertors are still my faveroute models I've painted for that army this year
- Painting Dannys Legion in record breaking time for the nationals and winning sportsman award!
- getting into 6mm modern stuff, this has really made me look at other era's apart from the usual sci-fi and blogs like... napoleonic connoisseurs club really inspirering!
- Ploughing though the dark eldar and the reversed vemon becoming uber popular! nearly 2000 hits so far!
I've a feeling that I'll be getting more into malifaux and IF the legions codex ever arrives then contining with my chaos, I'll more than likely finish off the retribution and continue to get told what I should be doing with them...
But the curveball will be picking up a napolenic army, more likey the Frence as Lee plays the British, but we'll have to see on that one as there is alot of models needed for one of those armies!
and most importantly play more fun games!!