Wednesday 14 July 2010

Time to repent.....

Well for those that know me in the flesh and follow this blog will know that I've sold my soul to chaos for a long long time now, but I've seen the light recently and decided to repent my sins and start a black templars army,

I've had a few people give me the "eye" normally followed by there no good the codex is out of date all the usual stuff, but I'm the man who plays with Eldar, Deamons & Chaos so I'm used to having sub-standard codex's but I manage to make them work (most of the time)

Now the plan for this is to encourage Spencer to get his ass into gear and paint his force and for me to have something different to paint apart from chaos as I've done quite a lot recently and fancied a change....

So I had an "idea" which normally makes my bank account scream!!

This idea involved the new blood angel sanguinary guard and one (yes one!) sword that I wanted from the sprue (I'll show you the idea at a later date once I've found the other bits) but I didn't want all of the other bits go to waste so without further ado....


You start with......



















and after a bit of messing about you get.......
























































Ok so the legs from the blood angel box with the angel type icons removed and where needed a purity seal banged on top, front torso from the black templars upgrade box along with the bolt pistol & shoulder pads, the huge power sword and the funky jump pack from the blood angel box, and the head is from maxmini the steam knight helmet set.

I'm going to use resin bases for the whole army from dragon forge so that should put the "ohhhh" factor when people see the army and if they all go together as nicely as the assault marine then I'm onto a winner!

but the question to the masses....

Is it any good? and what would you change etc..?

5 comments:

  1. Jumppack looks a tad odd but that's because I'm used to the 2-thruster version. Other than that, freakin' awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my - you're betraying your chaos roots! ;)

    I like the miniature actually. It is great! I think the only thing I might consider is placing his feet on top of some suitably attractive bit of scenery? A fallen over statue, or some such?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it mate looks awesome those two kits work really well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the first model mate! The Maxmini helmet really looks 'knightly'. Looking forward to seeing the whole army.

    Whats the first 500pts??

    ReplyDelete
  5. well glad you like the test model chaps,

    Yea I'm gonna get some resin bases that are going to look cool hopefully I'll have to work out a 500 point list and get it banged out in the usual in-human amout of time that I do!

    ReplyDelete