Saturday 27 September 2014

Firestorm Armada, deploy the fleet!

A month or so ago Dan from the Leicester Phat Cats organised a game of firestorm armada adeptly named the Battle of Anton's length (cue the homophobic jokes) and people jumped on to the play list like nits onto freshly washed hair!

I fancied a change to the Dindrenzi and I had the hawker fleetbox kicking around after buying it back in January! So after some musing about the colour scheme and so I broke out the airbush and had some fun.

I undercoated the models with halfords grey, then used an off white as an initial coat,


I then gave a watered down soft wash to pick up the detail of the panels and the like,


I then applied another rehighlight to the panels,


it was then simply a case of doing the metal and applying a wash, then the jade colour for the detail colour,


and in traditional Anton fashion the rest of the fleet was finished in time for the game,




As we were setting up for the game I took a snap of Dan's beautiful painted fleets,






The hawker fleet leading the way...


an orgy of geeks getting it on


and funnily enough the dindrenzi leading the way!


the gunline all nice and pretty,


flank speed and intercept....


the rest of the "heroic" fleet


Overall the game was a draw and as I moved at flank speed towards the gun line I sustained heavy losses but it was a good way of sussing out how the fleet worked, I'm now looking forward to my next game of firestorm, who knows when that'll be though!

with regards to the pledge it's currently on hold as with my old rig going down and the new one failing within 24 hours I'm still hunting a new one down but more than likely will get it after crisis in Antwerp, I'm really looking forward to that show and I'll be taking plenty of pictures and looking forward to seeing new European plastic crack dealers!

No comments:

Post a Comment