Thursday 21 April 2016

"Super" Edd's Hobby Project Phase Two overview,

"Super" Edd's project is still tanking along and the quality of painting that the guys and girls are pumping out is superb!

A couple of months ago at Phase Two I asked the loyalist players for a picture of their armies and a few words so without further ado and in no particular order....

Ed - 

Really enjoyed how this months pledge has turned out in the end... Really looking forward to getting started on my March Pledge of a Second squad of Veletaris and a Third Leman Russ Incinerator


Adam - 

This month I added 2nd Tactical Squad (with power fist armed sergeant), 2 Apothecaries and a set of Lascannon armed Tarantulas. After last pledges games I found my army to be seriously lacking in anti armour punch. The quickest way to remedy that appeared to be the Tarantulas, having good played this month with them they underperformed more due to poor dice than anything (and a Thanatar based mishap)
The apothecaries on the other hand performed admirably providing my Tactical marines with some much needed resilience!
 




Liam - 

My phase 2 pledge removed the rhino veterans, and replaced them with more Jetbikes. As we finally got White Scars rules (and rites of war), i was able to use these as troops. I also added in a Javelin Land Speeder and a Sicaran Venator for some fast moving AT weapons.

Next up? Legion 3 of the Shattered Legions.




Micheal - 

 Pledge 2. I swapped out my heavy plasma squad for a plasma gun squad to allow me to move and fire in the same turn. I added a terminator squad to assist with my Praetor. I also took my assault squad to assist in causing havoc....Over all some great games. My Praetor and Terminators were worth there weight in gold. The ability to move and fire plasma assisted me greatly...my down side was having no vehicles to get my Praetor and terminators in close and personnel as they were armed for close combat however my next pledge will see my army coming in from the air via drop pods/deep strike.  

  
Ben - 

My aim each pledge level is to use it to motivate me to make and paint models in my 'yet to do' collection. I'm also notoriously slow at painting so I'm always looking to reduce the body count so as not to overwhelm myself with too much painting to do - that way I can concentrate on more of a quality finish. Initially I was looking to do additions only but for month three I'm looking at swapping out the two Thanatars.



Gordon - 

I've added an extra troops choice (Assault Squad) to this month's pledge as I wanted to get finished the troop choices for my Blood Angels force that I have written. Also for future pledges I want to add more vehicles to the force. 



Tom - 

It's all about the armour this month, added a sicaran and a heavy support squad. Quite impressed with both but I think the lack of numbers held me back in a couple of games. Rhino is for the next pledge

   
Once Phase 4 is complete at the end of the month then we'll see where the Loyalists are at and how they are finding the project,

For myself the  Emperors Children are coming along nicely and after falling behind due to painting various demo team boards and the like I'm finally back up to speed!

So after a bit of a hardcore session I've once more actually ran out of models for the 30K project and after consulting with my nemesis I'm pondering on what next to buy for the force, I'm tempted with more foot troops however I'm lacking in the armour dept!


So this is my Phase 4 pledge, its starting to bulk out nicely, and hopefully the heavy weapon squad will be a thorn in the side for all the armour kicking around! 


And the the group shot, a bit of flexibility with a couple of extra units 


The heavy weapon chaps


and the blades, I'm going to put jump packs on these guys I simply need to get them ordered and magnetise them as needed,


new additions to the army, 2 medic's and a master of the signal as well as company champion so I can take advantage of the army special rules


Bill & Ted the contemptors, Toying with adding a 3rd and He'll be call Rufus ;) 


 The business side of them, to make the Calth contemptor look a ta more funky I got hold of a etched brass sheet and simply suck them on and it does the trick lovey!

 So now that these are sorted, I'll be at warhammer world on the 1st May to get some more pics of the various armies and maybe, just maybe get a chance to roll some dice!!

No comments:

Post a Comment