So after a quick project brief from Rob looking to see what his vision would be I drew up some examples of what could be done,
after bouncing some ideas around Lee came up with a cracking idea so we ran with that, Lee was to work on the actual table whilst I did the terrain and models, So with the inner Anton engaged I went to work!
first thing on the list was to get the models done and dusted and with some conversion work we had orc in assault boats!
along with dwarves, gnomes and some more orcs for good measure!
by this point the mdf suff had rocked up and the long task of getting this built was "delegated" to Salma,
an absolutely sterling job and really helped out no end, however once all the PVA was dry it was time to hit the models with some paint!
the start of the crane towers
and a test build of one of the two cargo boats
making sure that the internals were usable
its a tad large!
I spent quite a while pondering on how to paint this!
the first of the crane units done, and happy with the overall look
and then there were two!
Jo from the club knocked three of these together for me and I simply tarted them up, nothing special but gave it the edge,
paint actually going on the models!
the basic paint job on the cargo boats ready for weathering, this was done by spraying the boats black then panzer grey and then a light dust of halford car primer grey, the details were picked out and then sealed with a matt spray,
the tracks with their basic paint job again ready for weathering
and the power plant nearly finished,
the rolling stock was really easy to paint and looked great when it was finished
three warehouses for the objective markers,
and the cargo boats after being hit with model mates
power house and pill boxes sorted,
and the track is weathered up,
So whilst I was painting like a mad man Lee was doing a sterling job on the actual table, Poo Mountain getting a face lift
woodland scenic rocks being added
just about ready for paint
the harbour water nearly sorted
and ready for the water effect
these were the two last bits that I needed to get finished, however myself and Lee did a mock up of the board to see if we need to finish anything off ready for the Sat
so close to being finished!
getting all arty farty!
that one rare pic of me!
So after asking on the panzerfaust face book page about banners and the like, group member Robyn knocked up some wicked banners and this really finished off the table, a huge thanks to Robyn for taking your time to get these done,
and with the day rapidly approaching I finally got round to getting the cranes finished off,
so the table set up on the day
The boys working hard!
We knew the table would go down well, however we weren't expecting best construction, and its already been requested at a few other shows so keep you eyes out for it, its going on tour!