Friday 29 January 2016

January round up - Off to a flying start!

And in a blink its gone!

so this month I saw the launch of the Survivor series, the phat cats monthly challenge, as well as the mantic challenge, In the usual Anton fashion these were completed in the usual timely manner!

So the Scars challenge was some Emperors Children for 30K







these also nicely tied into the "Super" Edd's 2016 hobby challenge which I'm wandering over to warhammer world on Sunday to have a look at the armies that the guys have painted that I'm really looking forward to and I'll be taking loads of pics and get these up in a series of articles,



so with that one in the bag, it wasn't long before the mantic challenge was sorted, and I went a tad OTT with doing all the deadzone forge father bits that I had...


so a great start to the month and certainly go the momentum flowing!

So on to the phat cats challenge it was a single model, this was going to be a hard one as we've some very very talented individuals at the club, but rather than trying to paint a single model to a stupidly good standard I simply enjoyed myself and did an avatars or war lizardman and for good measure 9 guys to go with him,



not too sure where I'm going with these guys, the initial idea was for dragon rampart, might use them for AoS depending if I can squeeze it into my gaming calender.

so other projects that are running at the moment is 15mm war and empire, myself and a few of the old farts at the club went into a kickstarter back in 2014 and I've been starting to work my way though the models that have been sitting in a box for god knows how long,


so including what I did last month this will be a nice distraction from all the other stuff that I've got on the go! 


 and the final bits that I did in January was some orc commandos for panzerfaust,






these will be for the panzerfaust board for hammerhead at the begining of march that myself and Lee are working on, its gonna be a tight build but I plan on getting this one sorted and just to add on the pressure we've got a club board for hammerhead for Gates of Antares where I need to bash some bromites out for that one!

So onto the Pledge...

Bought - 2
Painted - 84
Differance + 82

a very good start to the year and my attempt to have a dry month worked resonably well, I've avoided most of the shiney kickstarters that are floating around at the moment so thats a result!

No comments:

Post a Comment