Saturday 9 January 2010

In the darkness evil lurks.....

Happy new year and all that mumbo jumbo,  (personally I think its over rated expensive taxi's etc.)

So It's time to come clean... I've bought some more stuff!! I managed to get it from the 2nd hand box at the FLGS so I feel that bad about it!! as I've managed to get most of it painted.

I was starting to lose the will to live after doing so many jetbikes in a short period of time it wasn't funny! so I decided to go back to the boys and continue work on the death guard I managed to find an addational 14 guys that I'd half done so they need adding to the list to be finished, I've resisted the temptation of sticking the rhino togeather I'll do that once I've painted the deamon princes.

Yup I've 2 now! the guys at the club got me the nurgle direct only version when I did my "see ya laters" speech on the last night of the club last year, I was well chuffed with it just need to sort out a 60mm base for it and I'll be splashing paint on that bad boy!! The other thing that made me smile was the yearly awards voted by the members of the club I won best painted army for my death guard so a double bonus!

Anyway I've been asked by a couple of people whats my next project and all that? well after much chin scratching I've decided to stay on the 40K and not wander over to fantasy a couple of reasons for this...

1, I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed so find it confusing sometimes, I've played 3 differant versions and always get mixed up!
2, on average you need 15 models for a unit, and have about 4/5 units in your army, thats 60+ models some are less some are more! bugger to painting that many up!!
3, The club guys all do the torney circuit (well most of them anyway) and played a couple of games against them and got my ass whupped, not very enjoyable and when they come out with the sarcastic remarks I think its unsporting.

So as I was staying in the 40K system what to do? I considered lots of options including traitor guard using the forgeworld bits but them did a quick tally and that was way too much money to spend on an army!! maybe in small chunks but not like I do it and normally get most of it one go.

I thought about the up and coming 'nids and figured there would be at least 3 local armies kicking about so decided against that one, so as I don't really do "good guys" only a couple remained....

Dark Eldar - now the rumor is that they are getting a re-vamp this year.... well I won't hold my breath on that one, IF they do then yup sign me up!

Chaos Deamons - I've been told by everyone that these boys are "shit" but no one plays them and no one I know has played against them so I keep asking myself "how do you know there shit?" Now Dustin did come up with the best pro/con for them if you roll a 3+ you get your assault group turn one and the rest when ever which is a good point, but I take my risks on the table top (and sometimes with women ;) )

Deamons it's to be...  I'll pop the army list up at some point for people to give me some insperation....



but onto the little lovelys!!















the Plaguebearers and the bloodletters where from the second hand box, The Nurglings I've had for a while just never got round to finishing them....





























Might pick up another 4 stands of these just to max out the troop squad





































I used the same techique as I used on the death guard and I'm more than happy with em, they look better in real life to be honest...
































Now these guys I used the experiance from the saim hann and too a bit of a risk..

foundation red
dry brush blood red twice
Dry brush blazing orange
red ink
devlan mud on the face

I choose the black on the horns and the other bits as I wanted them to look "evil" and bone doesn't float my boat really anyway they look like hellboy now!

So thats the start of the new project and as its a new year I'm determined to spend less and for the models to sit around unpainted and unused so the tally starts...

The  2010 Painting/Buying List.

Bought                           Painted

27                                  26

I'll be keeping this up for the reminder of the year and updating once a month as a way to keep me going!

and this lot should put me in the black ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment