Saturday 25 May 2019

3D Printed terrain and AOS!

May's over and in more ways than one ;) 

Well with the Starwars legion table printed out and the Zone Mortalis done and dusted with regards to the 4x4. 
I decided to turn my hand to something a fantasy based this was mainly due to Chrissi wanting to make her own table.

So off to the Internet I went and found some cracking stuff from infinite designs and a quick pay pay transaction later I was the proud owner of some cracking STL's

So first off the printer was the massive centre piece, this was done in 4 main sections and the other odds and sods,






the print time on this was quite lengthy to be honest but the finished result is cracking!

So with that out of the way it was time to do some odds and sods for myself. 



The first bit I did was a two part print and the detail that came out with fairly minimum clean up was cracking, I simply mounted it onto a piece of cork board and away I went with the airbrush! 


Next up was the pig sty and I decided to have a bit of a play about with the mud in the pen and give it a gloss finish to make it look wet, 


the last bit was the chicken coop, I did the wood at the same time as the fallen tree and simply did the thatched roof with the pig sty.

Basing wise they were simply covered with home made tufts from the flock box and then some "traditional" flock to match the stuff that I did previously for burrows and badgers.

I wasn't just going to stop with those bits and cracked on with some more bits and bobs,


So these were also 3D printed and simply mounted onto some old CD's, A quick zenith high light then laid some brown over the top and they were as good as done.  


The last two bits were again mounted on CD's and some playground bark and a hot glue gun and I has some low level scatter that will be classed as difficult terrain.

Next for the burrows and badger board I'm not too sure to be honest, I'm thinking bushes of various sizes and rescaling the trees so that I can have clumps of them to represent a more heavy part of the forest.

So whats the AOS bit all about?

Well Chrissi was asking me a while back to teach her how to play which I took a bit of time getting round to and after various chats about what floats her boat and out of all the genres fantasy was her bag and with AOS being a fairly simple game that became the chosen system.


So after a bit of pondering of what I should do in the  usual Anton manner it was time for a new army!

I picked up the fly dwarves mainly because they look cool only after reading some online tactic's on them that I've discovered that they are "naff" as the flying boats are not worth the points for what they can do however I'm sure at some point in the future these points will be addressed.


As for Chrissi she's been a busy little monkey and has been blasting various bits out, I've steered her back towards finishing off the units that have been painted but not based and considering this is Chrissi's first batch painting wise its certainly impressed me!

the usual monthly pledge update will be uploaded in about a weeks time however due to a "deal" that I could not refuse its well in the red!

However more on that later! 

No comments:

Post a Comment