Friday 18 August 2017

30K 13th Legion the Ultramarines continue on the march to war!

Way back in March I showed off the start of the 13th Legion and I've realised that I've not done an update on these on the actual blog.

I've been posting the odd pic on my facebook page which seems to get more interaction than blog posts but that's another subject for another time!

So what have I been adding to the 13th?

well a 10 man assault unit was thrown into the mix for some fast moving cannon fodder, 2 command rhino's as well as 3 rhino's. The biggest add on to the legion is a deredeo dreadnought with lascannons for some anti flier action and because I don't do subtle I've gone for a talon of leviathans!

 
These bad boys come in at a mere 910 points with out the armoured ceramite, costing more than a warhound titan! however I've faced these a couple of times on the field and they are a pain in the arse, however three of them I'll be making no friends with these so it'll be maximum cheese lists only!


I've gone for 2 storm cannons that should take care of those pesky power armoured chaps and will cut through what ever is stupid enough to stand in front of them!


I've gone for 2 of the dreadnoughts armed the same with a siege drill and a grav flux, 


and onto the deredeo, this will be the focal point of my anti flier part of the army who can also fire ground based targets if needed.



 over I'm really happy with how the army is looking at really need to sort out a game with what I've got painted so far,


I've only one more element to finish off for the 13th and that would be a breacher squad with a landraider transport keeping in the theme of the whole army being mounted.

Roughly this is about 3500 points so I could stop however that's not going to happen! 

Once the breachers are done its the question of what to add next? I'm tempted to get a 6th  troop choice and then start looking at some fast attack choices as I've not seen alot of local players using bikes, jet bikes or landspeeders.

any thoughts on the above?

No comments:

Post a Comment