Wednesday, 30 September 2015

End of month update - no more bloody arabs!

Well its been a banger of a month!

finishing off the KOM Arab army for battlemasters earlier in the month, the after the madness of finishing those guys off I've been mooching about and painting stuff that I've had kicking about for a while.

I was going to jump straight into another fairly big project with either lion rampart Koreans or bolt action Japanese, however I didn't have the energy to paint another big army batch style so I've been doing the following bits...

So I picked up some more warzone starter sets burning the demo credit that I had earned though all that hard work! 

But to get the motivation of painting some warzone was waining, so I set up a "pledge" on the warzone page using the same kinda format as the one on the mantic madness page and managed to get a few people on board and the work that has been produced has been fantastic!

the new cybertronic infantry are so much better compared to the old guys, all I've got to do is sort out the 2 Diana's and they are sorted! 

whilst I was in warzone mode I did a test paint for the Bauhaus and these are superb models, so I'm looking forward to getting some paint on these guys next month, I'll be going for a snow style base so that'll be something that new I've never done before! 

Over on the relics facebook page they have a monthly painting compo and I've used that to finish off the last bits of my Brits and start on some more the the Nuem, I'll do a separate post with the nuem once I've done a few more bits and bobs, 

Other bits that I've worked on was some malifaux stuff, I picked up the Ramos starter box ages ago and played a game over at dice devils and this has ignited my passion for malifaux I've played bugger all games and I figured a starter set would be the perfect place to learn the rules and suss out the crew.

the models were a right pain in the arse to stick togeather, but they are worth it! So I'm hoping to get the other bits done from the box set in the next couple of weeks

So onto the pledge...

Bought - 5 models!
Painted - 132

Difference + 127

an absolutely stonking month for the pledge so as I'm now approaching the end of the year looking back on the last 8 months I've only had one month that I've not finished in the black.

Averages are looking great so far -

bought - 38.2
painted - 73.4
difference + 32.5

and actual totals are looking mind blowing...

bought - 344
painted - 734
difference + 390

All is good in the world of the Anton!