Friday 1 March 2013

Merc's Week on Beasts of War & Sefadu starter set

A long time ago I picked up the rules and couple of models for MERC's



 and as always started to read the rules to try and sort a game out, but for various reasons never got round to it, fast forward a couple of years and Beasts of War decide to run a MERC'S week.

Mercs Week on Beasts of War

Add the fact that one of the guys I know has started a facebook page for MERC players in the Midlands area my interest is now back to the chin scratching point, I've already got the book (packed away some where!) but with MERC's starter sets now being available you can get everything you need in a box for £40.

So the planned "dry" month for March has gone to the dogs already and I picked up the Sefadu box set, so a quick look inside,

so the actual models, the current range of all 6.


model wise they are dynamic compared to the usual 40k/warmahordes so easy to make out who is who on the table,

you also get the cards for the faction pack





all the rules for the models are on the cards and the actual cards are used for measuring movement and shooting, Finally your get 6 D10's as well,


so everything you need to play in a box, If you were to buy all the bits individually then you'd be looking at about £48 without the dice so a pretty good deal personally. 

Going back to the Beasts of War week, I've watched about 3 hours of game play with the first two missions that Warren & Luke? have played and effectually got a good idea of the rules and could quite happily play a game with just some rule queries. 

All I need to do is bang the models together and find the main rule book once I've moved house!!

Simples ;)



2 comments:

  1. I just don't understand the point of the measuring gimmick. It really turned me off the game despite the models looking great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand what you mean when I first looked at the system, I couldn't work out why, but I think it was designed for 2D terrain like the startwars system, I'm thinking of house ruling it so that you simply use a tape measure and templates.

      Delete