Sunday 12 July 2015

Barrage 2015

So today I wandered over to the Barrage Wargaming Show over at Stafford,

I was contacted by one of the guys who organises the show asking if the club wants to be involved and asked for the Predator temple board, so who was I to say no!

I hooked up with Prodos Rob and went for it.

So I managed to snap a few pictures on a quick walk around before the demo's started kicked off!



Phil going all lardy da with the modern board and all that jazz!









A cracking looking Dust game, Lovely looking models. No idea how it plays though!! 




Nick working hard on the Macrocsom, I was have a good mooch at the new releases that are coming up and they look superb! Check out more of his stuff... www.macrocosm.co.uk its well work a look!






 

The guys over at clockwork goblin showing off there wares, can't wait for these guys to release there bolt action cross over rules next year



 



A great looking empire of the dead table, 



 



yep its that dropzone table again, and it looks wicked still! 



 


 



A huge 40K game with about 5K's work of models! 



 



WW1 chain of command table, loved the barbed wire!



  



Bolt action torney action! 


X wing torney action, spot the prizes... quite Ironic... 




And Kris actually working for once!

So this was the first time that I'd done this particular show and it was alright, I was busy all day running the demo's so didn't get a chance to have a good look around and see the traders up close and only part way through the day did I find out that there was a second trade type hall.

Overall it was ok, nice weather, men's tennis final properly didn't help so the punter count felt quite low to the point that some traders had up and gone by 3:00.

So loot wise my pledge of buy nothing gaming related went out the window and I picked up these guys...


as well as a Judge Dredd rule book. So that means that dredd is back on the radar!

4 comments:

  1. Weird that, as I have always purchased things at the end of the event, once ive walked around for a bit.
    Mind you, I suppose there are only so many events you can go to and do those spontaneous purchases, as the entry costs mount up too.
    Went to Salute, as you know, and only bought a Guildball team, so didnt make the saving there. Hehe. In fact I spent more on refreshments than anything else!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I normally do the same to be honest, I've not been to an actual show as a punter for a while so running off for about an hour is all I can manage,
      Guildball eh, sounds like a plan...

      Delete
  2. Nice show pics. I looked at your board yesterday it was awesome!! It was quite a nice little show plenty of traders and plenty to see as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you liked it Simon, I've decided to retire it after Crisis as its been around a fair bit now, The show has potential and I'm hoping to go next year

      Delete